Friday 26 November 2010

Teenager to open Jingle Bell Ball

A SINGING starlet has beaten off competition from thousands of young hopefuls from around the country to win a singing competition.

Raphaella Aristocleous, 15, of Hampton Road, Highams Park, entered the Be a Star competition three weeks ago.

She has won the chance to open the Jingle Bell Ball next weekend which will see Kylie, Black Eyed Peas and Alexandra Burke performing to 32,000 people.

The competition, run by Capital FM and Windows 7, had thousands of people submitting audition tapes.

But Raphaella's version of Shakin' Stevens Merry Christmas Everyone was announced as the winner.

She has now recorded her own version of the song which will be played at the beginning of the ball at the O2 Arena on December 4.

She said: “I feel so overwhelmed, it is like a dream come true.

“I didn't think something this big would happen to me.

“I have sang at small venues before, but nothing on this level.

“I had a busy weekend recording the song and can't wait to see people's reactions. I will be going to the ball and it will be great to see how it has turned out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment